Shopping Cart No items
Call toll-free : 1-877-385-8998
Wednesday 18 December 2019
Eliquis (apixaban) is manufactured by Bristol-Myers Squibb.
The "Squibb" portion of Bristol-Myers Squibb was founded in 1858 by Dr. Edward Robinson Squibb. Dr. Squibb established his company in New York City, where Bristol-Myers Squibb is still headquartered.
Dr. Squibb was a determined proponent of better quality control and higher purity standards in the field of medicine.
The "Bristol-Myers" portion of Bristol-Myers Squibb was founded in 1887 when William Bristol and John Myers purchased a New York pharmaceutical company. The company was renamed to the Bristol-Myers Corporation and went on to produce penicillin for the Allied powers during World War II.
The two companies merged in 1989 to form Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Today, Bristol-Myers Squibb's revenue numbers in the tens of billions ($22.6 billion in 2018).
The company owns several subsidiaries, including:
● Kosan Biosciences
As of May 15, 2019, Bristol-Myers Squibb employed more than 23,000 employees globally.
At the time of writing, Dr. Giovanni Caforio serves as the company's chief executive officer and chairman of the board. Caforio first joined Bristol-Myers Squibb in 2000.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved apixaban in 2012 for the prevention of stroke in people with atrial fibrillation (AFib). In 2014, it was also approved for the prevention and treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism.
Bristol-Myers Squibb also manufactures several other well-known prescription medications, including:
● Plavix (clopidogrel), used to prevent heart attack and stroke.
● Atripla (efavirenz/emtricitabine/tenofovir), used to treat HIV.
● Kenalog (triamcinolone acetonide injection), used to various skin conditions.
● Orencia (abatacept), used to treat various types of arthritis.
● Opdivo (nivolumab), used to treat certain types of cancer.
● Coumadin (warfarin), used to treat and prevent blood clots.
● Pravachol (pravastatin), used to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
● Sprycel (dasatinib), used to treat leukemia.
● Megace (megestrol), used as an appetite stimulant.
● Sustiva (efavirenz), used to treat HIV.
Buy Eliquis online now and have it shipped to your door anywhere in the U.S. or internationally.
Weekdays: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM PSTWeekends: 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM PST