Advair inhalers are manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
About GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
The "Glaxo" portion of GlaxoSmithKline was founded in 1715 as Plough Court pharmacy by Silvanus Bevan, a trained apothecary. It would later be renamed to Glaxo Laboratories, Inc.
That first apothecary was opened in London, England, where GSK is still headquartered today.
The "Smith Kline" portion of GlaxoSmithKline was founded in 1830 as the Smith & Gilbert drug house of Philadelphia, Penn.
GSK began expanding on a global scale in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, and in the 1950s began developing groundbreaking medicines that would go on to change the world.
These include penicillin and the first medication to treat HIV, among others.
Today, GSK is a multibillion-dollar company. In 2018, its revenue reached £30.8 billion, or about $40.6 billion USD. 
GSK also owns a number of subsidiaries, including:
- Stiefel Laboratories
- ViiV Healthcare
As of May 15, 2019, GSK employed over 98,000 employees worldwide.
At the time of writing, Emma Walmsley serves as the company's chief executive officer. Before joining GSK in 2010, Walmsley worked with L'Oreal, the world's largest cosmetics company, for 17 years.
Fluticasone propionate, one of Advair's two main components, was approved to treat various respiratory conditions in 1990. It can also be used to treat mouth ulcers.
Salmeterol, the second of Advair's two main components, was also approved to treat various respiratory conditions in 1990.
The combination of fluticasone propionate and salmeterol was first approved for medical use in 2000.
Advair is available in two forms: Advair Diskus (an inhalation powder) and Advair HFA (an inhalation aerosol). There are many benefits to Advair and both can treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
GSK is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, so it's no surprise that they also manufacture a range of other medications. These include:
- Zofran (ondansetron), used to prevent nausea and vomiting.
- Avodart (dutasteride), used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), commonly known as prostate enlargement.
- Flovent (fluticasone propionate), used to treat asthma and COPD.
- Augmentin (amoxicillin/clavulanate), used to treat a variety of infections.
- Lovaza (omega-3-acid ethyl esters), used to treat high triglyceride levels in the blood.
- Lamictal (lamotrigine), used to treat epilepsy and bipolar disorder.
- Ventolin (albuterol), used to treat asthma and COPD.
- Infanrix (vaccine), used to prevent diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis.
- Sorilux (calcipotriene), used to treat plaque psoriasis.
- Wellbutrin SR (bupropion hydrochloride), used to treat depression.
- Imitrex (sumatriptan), used to treat migraines and cluster headaches.
Buy Advair HFA online now and have it shipped to your door anywhere in the U.S. or internationally.
DISCLAIMER: The information in the article is not meant to be used for treatment or diagnosis. It is designed for general awareness and for information purposes only. Always consult a medical professional for your specific healthcare needs.