Xarelto medication is manufactured by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
About Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Janssen Pharmaceutica was founded in 1953 by Paul Janssen of Belgium. 
The company's first product was Neomeritine (ambucetamide), a drug formulated to relieve menstrual pain. Janssen Pharmaceutica grew significantly over the subsequent years and was purchased by the American company Johnson & Johnson in 1961.
Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is a global pharmaceutical company owned by Johnson & Johnson, with its U.S. branch (Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.) headquartered in Titusville, New Jersey.
The company states that it focuses its research and development on six therapeutic areas:
- Cardiovascular (the heart and blood vessels) and metabolism (the conversion of food into energy).
- Immunology (the study of the immune system).
- Infectious diseases and vaccines.
- Neuroscience (the study of the brain and nervous system).
- Oncology (the study of cancer).
- Pulmonary hypertension (high blood pressure in the lungs).
Rivaroxaban, the active ingredient in Xarelto, was approved by the Food and Drug Administration in 2011. Xarelto is an anticoagulant (blood thinner) that's used to:
- Reduce the risk of blood clots in patients with conditions such as atrial fibrillation (AFib), deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism (PE).
- Reduce the risk of major cardiovascular events in patients with conditions such as coronary artery disease (CAD) and peripheral artery disease (PAE). 
Get savings updates for Xarelto
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. manufacturers a number of other medications, including:
- Axert (almotriptan malate), used to treat migraine headaches.
- Ditropan and Ditropan XL (oxybutynin), used to treat overactive bladder.
- Haldol (haloperidol), used to treat certain mental disorders.
- Invokamet (canagliflozin/metformin) and Invokana (canagliflozin), used to treat type 2 diabetes.
- Levaquin (levofloxacin), used to treat bacterial infections.
- Ortho-Cyclen (norgestimate/ethinyl estradiol), used to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
- Prezista (darunavir), used to treat HIV.
- Razadyne (galantamine), used to treat dementia.
- Vermox (mebendazole), used to treat parasitic infections.
- Zytiga (abiraterone acetate), used to treat prostate cancer.
Buy Xarelto online now and have it shipped right to your door.
The content in this article is intended for informational purposes only. This website does not provide medical advice. In all circumstances, you should always seek the advice of your physician and/or other qualified health professionals(s) for drug, medical condition, or treatment advice. The content provided on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.