Merck & Co. (more commonly referred to simply as Merck) was founded in 1891 as the U.S.-based subsidiary of Merck, a German company that was established more than 300 years ago in 1668.
It was originally located in New York, while today it's headquartered in New Jersey. The company merged with the Philadelphia-based Sharp & Dohme in 1953. After merging, Merck became the largest pharmaceutical company in the U.S. Merck owns a number of subsidiaries, including:
- Aptus Health, Inc.
- Immune Design
- Peloton Therapeutics
As of Dec. 31, 2018, the company employed approximately 69,000 worldwide. 
At the time of writing, Kenneth C. Frazier serves as Merck's chairman and chief executive officer. He has been the company's director since 2011.
Januvia (sitagliptin) was approved in the U.S. in 2006 to treat type 2 diabetes. Studies show that Januvia is effective in treating type 2 diabetes. There is currently no generic version of Januvia available, though there will be in 2022. 
In addition to Januvia, Merck manufactures a number of other top-selling drugs. These include:
- Zetia (ezetimibe), used to lower high cholesterol levels.
- Janumet (sitagliptin/metformin), used to treat type 2 diabetes. Also available in an extended-release formula, Janumet XR.
- Isentress (raltegravir), used to treat HIV/AIDS.
- NuvaRing (etonogestrel/ethinyl estradiol vaginal ring), used to prevent pregnancy.
- Singulair (montelukast sodium), used to treat allergies and asthma attacks. It is also available as a chewable.
- Cozaar (losartan potassium), used to treat high blood pressure.
- Hyzaar (losartan potassium-hydrochlorothiazide), used to treat high blood pressure.
- Vytorin (ezetimibe/simvastatin), used to lower high cholesterol levels.
- Temodar (temozolomide), used to treat certain types of cancer.
- Nasonex (mometasone nasal spray), used to treat and prevent allergy symptoms. 
Buy Januvia online now and have it shipped to your door anywhere in the U.S. or internationally.
The content in this article is intended for informational purposes only. This website does not provide medical advice. In all circumstances, you should always seek the advice of your physician and/or other qualified health professionals(s) for drug, medical condition, or treatment advice. The content provided on this website is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.