Brand-name and Myrbetriq generic do not have a specified shelf life other than the expiration date printed on each individual bottle.
However, Europe's electronic Medicines Compendium (eMC) notes that the European version of Myrbetriq (which contains the same active ingredient and is manufactured by the same company) can be stored for six months after first opening. 
Is Expired Myrbetriq Safe?
While it may be tempting to use your expired supply of Myrbetriq rather than purchasing a whole new bottle, it's never a good idea to take expired medication of any kind.
As stated by Ilisa Bernstein, an executive of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), "Once the expiration date has passed there is no guarantee that the medicine will be safe and effective."
That's because each medication's expiration date represents the date until which it can be guaranteed to be safe and effective. As a result, using expired medicine is risky and can harm your health, the FDA says. 
So if you take expired Myrbetriq, you may experience fewer or weaker benefits, and may even experience adverse health effects.
Storing Myrbetriq Safely
The expiration date isn't the only factor affecting Myrbetriq's safety and quality. To maintain the safety and effectiveness of Myrbetriq, make sure that your supply of Myrbetriq is stored properly.
According to the manufacturer's specifications, the ideal storage temperature for Myrbetriq is 77°F (25°C). This falls under the definition of room temperature (68°–77°F) as per the United States Pharmacopeia (USP). 
To maximize Myrbetriq's shelf life, it is wise to follow general medication storage guidelines. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, heat, air, light, and moisture can damage your medication. 
Store medicines in a cool, dry place like a dresser drawer, storage box, or shelf away from any heat sources.
Don't store your medicine in the bathroom cabinet. The steam and heat from showers and bath can damage it over time.
- Always keep your medicine in its original container.
- If your medicine bottle came with a cotton ball, remove it — the cotton ball will attract moisture if left inside.
- If your household includes children, always store your medicine out of their reach and sight, and secure it with a childproof lock or latch.
- If your medicine is cracked or chipped, or if it has a different color, smell or texture than before, do not take it.
If you have an expired supply of Myrbetriq that requires disposal, ask your doctor or pharmacist for the proper disposal method. Generally:
- Do not flush your medication down the toilet, as this can negatively affect your local water supply.
- To dispose of medication in the trash, first mix it with something that ruins it, such as coffee grounds, and then put it in a sealed plastic bag.
- You may also be able to bring your expired medication to your pharmacist for proper disposal or take advantage of any drug take-back programs in your area.
If you have any other questions about how to store your supply of Myrbetriq, a licensed pharmacist can provide answers. To save money on your prescription, buy your Myrbetriq medication online and have it delivered to your door.
DISCLAIMER: The information in the article is not meant to be used for treatment or diagnosis. It is designed for general awareness and for information purposes only. Always consult a medical professional for your specific healthcare needs.