Shopping Cart No items
Call toll-free : 1-877-385-8998
What is Stromectol (Ivermectin) prescribed for?
A roundworm infection, also sometimes known as ascariasis or ascaris, can be an easy infection to treat. Roundworms can infest the human gut and live, feed, and reproduce there. They do not often cause any symptoms in the beginning, but are more likely to start causing you problems in larger numbers.
Roundworms are parasites, and they use the human body to stay alive. You can get a roundworm infection if you swallow the microscopic ascaris eggs in contaminated food or water.
Roundworm is a parasitic illness, and once infected many of the symptoms are nausea, vomiting, irregular stools or diarrhea, intestinal blockage, which causes severe pain and vomiting.
This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections. And curing a parasitic infection help stop improve your quality of life. Within people with a weakened immune system, curing roundworm infections can reduce the risk of developing a severe or life threatening infection.
Ivermectin belongs to a class of drugs known as antihelmintics. It works by paralyzing and killing parasites.
This medication is taken by mouth with a full glass of water, and on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before a meal. It is usually taken as a single dose or a series of doses, or as directed to you by your doctor.
Remember the dosage is based on your weight, medical condition, and your overall response to the treatment. Inform your doctor if you condition worsens or persists.
Before taking this medication, it is best to advise your doctor if you are allergic to Ivermectin; or to any other medications or allergies in general. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
If you have traveled or lived in West or Central Africa, you may be infected with certain parasites (such as Loa loa, African trypanosomiasis) that could cause problems with ivermectin treatment. These effects could rarely result in serious (possibly fatal) effects on the brain (such as encephalopathy). Consult your doctor for more information.
You should also let your doctor know of all of your medical history. Especially if you have ever dealt with any of these experiences in the past; liver problems.
If you have a weakened immune system (such as due to HIV infection), you may need repeat treatments with this medicine. Talk to your doctor for more details.
While minor, some of these side effects may occur. They are as follows; Headache, dizziness, muscle pain, nausea, or diarrhea may occur. If you are being treated for "river blindness" (onchocerciasis), you may experience reactions to the dying parasites during the first 4 days of treatment, including joint pain, tender/swollen lymph nodes, eye swelling/redness/pain, weakness, vision changes, itching, rash, and fever. However if any of these persist or worsen, it’s best to speak with your doctor right away.
Tell your doctor right away if any of these rare but very serious side effects occur: neck/back pain, swelling face/arms/hands/feet, chest pain, fast heartbeat, confusion, seizures, loss of consciousness.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
What happens if I suddenly stop taking this medication?
There may be a relapse in symptoms as well as side effects. You should speak your doctor before stop taking this medication.
What is the best dosage to take?
The diagnosis with your doctor will be able to determine the best dosage for your treatment. Work with your doctor closely for dosage and dosing schedules.
What happens if I miss a dose?
You should take the missed dose as soon you realize you have forgotten. If the forgotten dose is closer to your next scheduled dose, take the next schedule dose to avoid overlapping in dose.
What is the best way to store this medication?
This medication is stored at room temperature, and should be kept away from children and pets. Do not throw away this medication in the wastebasket. If you are uncertain how to dispose of this medication speak with your pharmacist for help in safely disposing of this medication.
Call our CareTeam 7 days a week
Weekdays: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM PSTWeekends: 10:00 AM - 03:00 PM PST