The OneTouch Ultra Blood Glucose Monitor System is used to check blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes.
If you have diabetes, you know how important it is to be able to self-test blood sugar levels. Using devices like the OneTouch Ultra Blood Glucose Monitor System allows you to manage your diabetes and prevent complications. Using one of these devices can help monitor the effect of diabetes medications on blood sugar levels, identify blood sugar levels that are high or low, track your progress in reaching your overall treatment goals, learn how diet and exercise affect blood sugar levels, and help you understand how other factors, such as illness or stress, affect blood sugar levels.
The OneTouch Ultra Blood Glucose Monitor System monitors blood sugar levels by analyzing a small amount of blood; a lancet will lightly prick your skin (usually the finger tip) to obtain the blood.
Testing a drop of blood
1. Insert a lancet in the adjustable blood sampler; twist the cap counterclockwise to remove it. Insert a lancet into the lancet holder and push down firmly. Twist the protective disk until it separates from the lancer; do not twist the lancer.
2. Cock the sampler; slide the ejection/cocking control back until it click. If it does not click; the sampler may have been cocked when the lancet was inserted.
3. Wash your hands and the puncture site; use warm, soapy water, rinsing and drying thoroughly.
4. Select and lance a puncture site; most choose to draw blood from the finger, but you may also draw blood from the arm.
4.1. Inserting into a fingertip; hold the sampler firmly against the side of your finger and press the release button.
4.2. Inserting into the arm; Select a soft, fleshy area away from bone and free of visible veins or excess hair. You may want to gently massage or apply heat for a short time. Press and hold the sampler against the puncture site for a few seconds being hitting the release button.
5. Gently massage the area; doing this will help obtain the blood. Avoid smearing the blood.
You are now ready to test the blood sample. For further instructions, contact a health care professional.
The test strip vial contains drying agents that can be harmful if inhaled or swallowed and may cause skin or eye irritation.
The test strips are for single use only. Do not attempt to re-use a test strip that had either blood or control solution applied to it.
You must test your solution in the device before using a new vial of test strips, at least once a week, whenever you suspect the meter or test strips are not working correctly, when you blood sugar test results are not consistent with how you feel, and when you drop the meter. When you do this, matching the code on the meter and the code on the test strip vial is essential to obtain accurate results. Each time you test, check to make sure the code numbers match up.
If you are severely dehydrated, you may have false results show up when you test your blood sugar levels. If you believe you are severely dehydrated; contact your health care professional.
To reduce the chance of infection:
• Make sure to wash the puncture site with soap and water before sampling.
• Never share a lancet or a lancing device with anyone.
• Always use a new, sterile lancet—lancets are for single use only.
• Keep your meter and lancing device clean.
This product does not have any side effects as it is not a drug, however, you may find the pricking of the finger to be a little uncomfortable. Most people say they become use to the prick or that it is virtually painless.
Which finger is the best finger to draw blood from when using the OneTouch Ultra Blood Glucose Monitor System?
The World Health Organization recommends the middle or ring finger when drawing blood. You may want to avoid using the pinky finger due to thin skin.
How long does it take for the results to appear on the meter?
It takes 5 seconds; after applying the blood sample, you will notice your monitor counting down from 5. When it reaches 0, your results will be shown.
What is the memory life of this device like?
This device can hold up to 150 blood sugar and control solutions tests in memory.
Do I need batteries for this device?
Yes. The OneTouch Ultra Blood Glucose Monitor System takes one replaceable 3.0 V (#2032 or equivalent) lithium battery.
Call Our CareTeam
Our CareTeam Member will guide you to complete your order